Teplička    Google Map

    The village is situated on a meadow hill on the right side of the river Hornád, southeast from Spišská Nová Ves. The village was founded by Batys, a relative of the Mariassy family from Markušovce. He came with a group of Ruthenians from Nowý Targ in 1270 and founded the villages of Teplička, Závadka and Poráč. The name of the village comes from a Russian expression for warm water that does not freeze even in winter "Thoplica". The first written reference about the village is from the year 1345, where it is mentioned as "Villa Thoplica". The local population consisted mostly of miners.
    In the village there is an originally gothic Roman-Catholic church from the 14-th century (it was rebuilt in the baroque style in 1775 and enlarged by two side towers in 1906).



Spiš | Gemer | Liptov | Horehronie | Slovak Paradise | High Tatras | Low Tatras | Belianske Tatras
Pieniny | Spiš Castle | St. James’s Church | castle of Stará Ľubovňa | Krásna Hôrka | AquaCity | Bešeňová | Tatralandia | Vrbov | Vyšné Ružbachy